How can each of us preserve biodiversity?
Here are some tips on how every individual can make an important contribution to the conservation of biodiversity and thus the chances of survival of all life on planet Earth:
– by reducing use of toxic substances in the household
- stop using hanging ‘fragrances / cleaners’ in the toilet bowl because it flushes the chemical substances directly into the water… many aquatic organisms look for food by smell and eat it
- use less Cilit bang cleaner when cleaning the bathroom or sink, spray it only once or twice
- use less detergents for showering; yes, hygiene is essential, but if we overdo it, the effect on our health is rather the opposite – when we refresh ourselves with a shower in the summer, we don’t have to soap our whole body 3 times a day
– by choosing “clean” energy
- in terms of the amount of electricity produced, nuclear energy has the least impact on the environment and nature, everything else is a hoax, hydro and thermal power plants are a bygone technology
– with the choice of what we eat
- let`s give up meat of animals with a constant body temperature (pig, cow, etc.) once or twice a week
- choose fish more often (animals with erratic body temperature) that need less food to produce the same amount of meat
- let’s choose locally grown food – such food is seasonal, there is less pollution for its transport
- buy organic food when possible
– by signing petitions
- without the ‘voice of the people’ there is no democracy, besides, nature gives to all (humans and other organisms), so the world elites must not exploit it for stuffing their bottomless pockets. In addition, the voters are the ones without whom decisionmakers cannot take their positions. They need our votes and if they want them, they should work the way that is right for everyone.